Auto launch script for Directory Update
One of the biggest problems with Directory Update is actually getting people
to use the software. One of our customers penned a script that we further
documented and modified. The
Directory Update AutoLaunch script will check to see if the user has a phone
number and it checks to see if the user has used Directory Update to modify
their information recently (in the past 4 months by default).
The script is provided to Directory Update customers free of charge with no
support and no warranties. It is not part of the Directory Update package.
The script is a VBScript and should be renamed from .TXT to .VBS.
Ideally, you should save it to your domain controller's NETLOGON shared folder.
There are some things that you need to make sure you do in order to use this
- Auditing must be enabled in the Directory Update AppSettings.XML file
- Auditing should use extensionAttribute11
- You should configure the Log Off button to close the browser window in
the AppSettings.XML file
- Directory Update should be configured to use Integrated Windows
- Clients should support Integrated Windows Authentication
- Internet Explorer 6.0 or 7.0 must be used
- The computer must be a member of the domain
- The Web site must be in the browser's Local Intranet zone
- The Local Intranet zone must be configured to automatically log on the
The script takes 2 parameters - the user's name and the URL that you want
to launch (the path to Directory Update). Here is an example of how to
run the script from a batch file or a logon script:
cscript CheckDirectory.VBS %username% "http://yourservername.yourdomain.com/directoryupdate"